Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sad Mail Days...

Going to the mailbox is one of the highlights of my day... I walk with bated breath to the PO box, turn the key and quickly pull open the door with an anticipatory smile on my face. When I find mail in the box, I do the "Snoopy dance", sometimes literally sometimes only in spirit... clutch my treasures to my heart and I make my way back to the car. The letters will ride with me, sitting on the seat next to mine where I can see them as I complete my other errands.
  I always try to make reading my letters an event, make a pot of tea, curl up in my favorite reading spot and relish my goodies. But in the last three weeks I have only had mail in my mail box once... I was so glad to see something in the mailbox that I didn't even wait until I got to the car to read it, I just used a key to open the top and read it right there in the post office! I have gone from checking it every day to checking every couple of days and then still finding the box empty and forlorn. I wondered if maybe the post office has been holding my mail for some reason and was just about to go ask them about it when I opened my mailbox and saw the red envelope of a Netflix... so the post office seems to still be delivering my mail... hm-m... Thoughts rattle around in my head, did I say something wrong? Did none of my outgoing mail reach its recipient? No... I don't think that is the problem, I think most likely that it is summer, people are out having fun. They are having a life and enjoying the nice weather and some day (hopefully soon...) they will write and tell me about it! So for now, while my sad little po box sits collecting dust, I am going to make envelopes and create mail art so that when I have mail to respond to I will be ahead of the game! See you in the mail!!
 

15 comments:

  1. Well, I'm going to mail you a pretty postcard on Tuesday. Hopefully, you'll get it next week!

    Hugs, Sharon in TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elle

    Do not be sad, guilty party here for not responding, vacation, work and more work! :( I have several letters to respond to. I know how sad an empty PO Box. Mine was empty for a while until I rec'd yr lovely postcard, then I did a Snoppy dance and jumped on the train home!

    Hester

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the spirit of Mrs. Doubtfire: Mail is on the way! :) I'm slower these days, and I've been spending hours working on a single piece of mail. I have to rest a little, write a little, embellish a little . . . :)

    Happy mails to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no mail weeks too, but then all letters come at once, like they 'arranged' it:) I avoid 'snoopy' reactions after I screamed of joy at home and realised we have guests:P But I'm always so happy when I find a letter in my mail box:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hope I find a letter or two in my box next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, you inspired me to get busy and send you something on Tuesday (since Monday is a holiday). And thanks for the cool postcard too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hester,
    Not to worry dear... There should be no guilt! This is supposed to be for fun... I hope that you had a wonderful vacation. Dancing on the train sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elle,
    No worries, some times i get carried away with words, it is all fun!

    Hester

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon, Thanks! You are a peach!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandy, There should be something from me in your mailbox shortly...it should have arrived there already. Please let me know if it doesn't get there in a day or two!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Limner,
    It is so nice of you to send me something. I hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Got that Swing,
    I know what you mean about the mail all appearing on one day...

    ReplyDelete
  13. In my case the reason for delay in mailing has been too busy spring and then the relaxing summer holiday time starting right after that. But I'm happily in a mailing mood now again so I hope you don't have to wait for my letter too long any more! :-)
    My mailbox has been unhappily empty for several days also, but today I found there your wonderful Artistamp card! I got so happy! Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've come to the conclusion that empty mailbox days may have to do with how I send mail out. It's not uncommon for me to mail 5-7 letters on the same day in one batch. Then I find a bit of a wait with an empty mailbox. Then eventually I get another chunk of letters and I repeat the cycle. I'm getting used to it.

    ReplyDelete