Sunday, October 17, 2010

An Afternoon on the Porch

 We went from mid Summer to late Fall in a week. I am sitting outside in one of the wicker chairs on the porch writing this because it is too cold for me to sit in the house. My feet were like blocks of ice and it hurt my hands to type since my fingers felt brittle from the cold. It really isn't all that cold, but I still am trying to adjust to the diverse temperature swings in the Piedmont of North Carolina. In the mountains of Costa Rica where we have been living until our return to the States early this summer, the temperature stays pretty much the same year round. It runs between 75 and 85 year round, but rarely reaches the mid 80's. I am going to freeze this winter...sigh!
 So here I sit with my long sleeves and sweater, soaking in the late afternoon sunbeams. The sound of water trickling over the rocks in the frog pond is pleasant background music for writing. I just put the finishing touches on a couple of mailart mail outs and when I return to the house I will scan them so I have a record of what I've sent. With these couple of letters finished, I am officially caught up on my correspondence, which is nice.
 I have completed the drawings from my newest artistamp, and after a few final touches it will be ready to print. But I am having a problem finding a paper stock that I like for the First Day of Issue post card. With the economy going south, most of the good paper stores have disappeared, so I am having to rely on Staples in Charlotte. Unfortunately, they have  very limited choices in card stock. I think that I will probably have to distress watercolor paper to come up with the effect that I want. I was hoping that I would have the post cards ready to mail by now, but it may take a little while to get the card stock issues worked out. Maybe I'll have it done by the end of this week. I hope so anyway.
 For the moment, I will give you another little glimpse of the artwork for the stamp and wish you all well until next we meet!
Can anyone guess what it is?
                                                            
                                                                                                                                   

2 comments:

  1. Hello, what an interesting blog. I am in SF and just went to a show by John Held, Jr and saw his amazing faux stamps. I'd love to make some myself. I like making new friends too.
    Pamela
    CappuccinoandArtJournal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and welcome to my blog! Making artistamps is a lot of fun. It is easy to make them, there are no particular rules to how they must be done, and the end result is sure to make the recipients smile. If you have any questions as to how to make artistamps, I will be glad to help if I can. If you would like to receive a First Day of Issue postcard featuring my newest artistamp,leave your addy in a comment or e-mail me at elle.mental@yahoo.com See you in the mail!

    ReplyDelete