Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Last Sheet

  I have always loved paper, smooth silky 100% rag, earthy recycled paper, wide lined children's writing paper made of newsprint, unlined stationery, kraft paper.... they have all got their own charms. Over the years I have collected (hoarded..?) stationery. It used to give me distress to use it all since I knew I probably wouldn't be able to get that particular type again, so I started saving the last piece of stationery and envelope.
  The other day I was unpacking one of the remaining boxes that I packed up when we were moving to Costa Rica. Inside I found a stationery box with part of my "last sheet" collection in it. I thought I'd share them since I had them out.



 



 

6 comments:

  1. Very beautiful last sheets!!
    Does the stationery in the second picture have paintings by Marjolein Bastin? I have had her calendar last year and the year before that, and your stationery looks like the same. I once made a card and envelope to PostMuse of one of the calendar pictures, they are at the end of this post http://sfimail.blogspot.com/2010/02/postmuse.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. After sending my first comment I started to look the pictures in your post in bigger format and noticed Marjolein Bastin's signature MB in the first three pictures as well as in the last one. :-)
    I have to find her calendar also for this year. :-)
    - I noticed you have published your mail address in your blog. Would you like to receive a card from me, if I would make it of Marjolein Bastin's old calendar?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! I see the San Francisco postcards - I have those too. Love the flowers on the stationary...and the cool envelopes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirpa,
    I adore Marjolien Bastin's work. It always makes me smile. I would love to have a card from you if you get a chance! I love mail and I will make sure to send you something back. Thanks for the comment! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pamela,
    I love the San Francisco cards...I did a series of infra red photographs at one point and I love the surreal look you get. When I saw these I had to have them. You are so fortunate to have such great photo material in your local area...I try not to be jealous : )
    I really enjoy your blog BTW, it is always fresh and inspiring! Thanks for commenting. See ya in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments, Elle. Yes, I know I am lucky t live in SF. There really are many wonderful things to photograph and to do. I like infrared photography too. Yup--see you in the mail!

    ReplyDelete