Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Blessing of Mailart Friends

 My mailbox has been sadly collecting dust of late... Life hasn't allowed for much time at my art table and the addage, "you have to send mail to get mail", is very true. At the moment all my mail art supplies are  packed up in totes, sitting out in the barn in preparation for carpet to be laid on Tuesday. So I haven't had access to my paper, rubber cuts or ink pads. I have a couple of letters written that need to be mailed, but they will have to wait until I can get my stuff moved back into the house.
 I do have a few really nice pieces of mailart to share with you from several weeks ago. My mail art friend Ahmet Demir sent me a set of his wonderful envies, I got a really nice surprise from Gregoris Kotsaris in Greece and an add and pass returned home from Samuel Montalvetti in Argentina. I am posting two of the three and will post a scan of the add and pass once I have mailed it to Hester, who blessed me with the floral card that was the base of the add and pass. I want her to see it first. 
This wonderful set of four envies is from Ahmet Demir in Turkey.

The bicycle print is from Gregoris Kotsaris in Greece, a letter and goodies from Hester in Boston, an envie and artistamps from Julian in Chicago,and the envie that Ahmet's set of four came in.



  We have now been back in the States six months. During that six months a lot of things have happened, good and bad; one of the good things that has come about is that I have reconnected with my letter writing and mail art friends. Sending and receiving mail has been a life saver for me throughout my life. It takes the edge off of lonliness and reaffirms my faith in the human race. I am so grateful for the friends I have made through the mail, as a whole they have been interesting, generous people with a large view of the world and an open heart. I am glad to say that I can now add blog writers and readers to that list. It is a pleasure to write and know that somewhere out there, people are reading( listening to) what I have to say and particpating in community with me. It is a joy! So for now, I will with a grateful heart, say thanks and blessings to you all.




4 comments:

  1. All very wonderful -- I especially love the set of four from Turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahmet's work is awesome! He has a number of really beautiful sets. If you go to I.U.O.M.A and look him up you can see more of them on his photo pages. He usually sends a few unaddressed envies that he wants you to add something to and mail back to him. I have a couple on my desk waiting to be scanned so I can send them back to him. I will try to post some scans of those as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love this blog! New fan of it. IT's amazing! Give me a buzz if you want to run an article promoting your blog on www.sandbook.net (PenPal and Swappers Site) and of course via our free penpal magazine. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That set of 4 together is brilliant, and beautiful. Love mail art! Neat blog

    ReplyDelete