Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Mail is a Gift

Recently I have been gifted with some really wonderful mail. The blue berd of happiness has visited my p.o. box from Texas where my dear pen friend Limner lives. Limner's signature blue "berd" never fails to bring a smile to my face. Her art and her letters are frequent visitors to my mail box and I always feel like it's my birthday when I see something in the mail from her. She just has a way of making me feel special. Thank you Limner, for your generosity and for knowing just when I need a fix from Texas!


Sirpa Roos my talented and generous pen friend from Finland shared her vacation to Gran Canaria with me by sending me sand from the gigantic sand dunes there. She actually made a second trip back to the dunes to collect sand for me! On the bag of sand was a photo of Sirpa on the dunes, which was a great idea and really connected me with her experience!  Accompanying the sand was a lovely watercolor painting of eggs and nest that Sirpa painted. It evokes such a sense of peace.... just beautiful! Thank you Sirpa!




In case you are wondering why Sirpa was sending me sand... I have been collecting sand for many years. I have it from a variety of places around the world. I always collect sand from the beaches I go to and even though I only take a modest amount of sand, I usually have enough sand to share. If you have a trip planned to the beach, or like me, have a sand collection, I would be delighted to trade sands with you! If you send me a couple of tablespoons of sand for my collection I will gladly share something from I have collected from my travels... How about sand from the 16 story sand dunes at Jockeys Ridge, North Carolina, (a few miles from Kitty Hawk where Orville and Wlibur conducted their flight experiments), or maybe some sand from the black sand beach at Playa Tarcoles in Costa Rica? If you do send me sand, please label it so that I know what beach it came from. I would also love to hear about the your trip to the beach!

I hope that you are having a lovely day! See you in the mail!



10 comments:

  1. LOL! I forgot to leave a comment the first time I saw this post. I think it was from sheer embarrassment. I almost drowned you in my backwash, huh? Maybe I should start recording in and out mail. No. That's too much work. :) Thanks for putting up with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never be embarrassed for sending me mail!!I was not complaining... I was just wanting to let you know how much your mail is appreciated :) Anyway, that way a collection of mail over a month or so. I hope all is well and that you are enjoying your summer. I have not been blogging since my hard disk died and I still haven't gotten all my programs re-installed (like Adobe...) One real sadness about the hard disk dying is that my most recent computer back up was right before I made you the newest set of Limner stamps... so when the hard disk dies it took all my work on that stamp with it. I cried... I could never repeat what I did on that stamp. Fortunately even though I don't have the original image anymore I did print off a "collector's sheet", so I still have that. I am going to try to scan it in on a good scanner and see if I can get a decent copy. I should have e-mailed you a copy of the final stamp page so that you could print off more if you want them. If a get a good image, then I will do that this time. I also lost some other arts works and all my subset files of finished photos by category, a project I have spent much time on over the last several months. Now I get to start over, but at least I have all my raw photos, so I can go back to them! We do a back up of photos every time I downl load from my camera. I thought we were backing all my stuff up when we did the raw photos, but that was not the case. Sigh... I am getting practice on learning to let go of things I can not do anything about...something I need to practice, since it is hard for me, I am a muller and worrier by nature. I am going to send this note to your blog comments so you are sure to see it. I really appreciate all your mail, I hope you didn't think I was complaining :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your lovely words related to my mail! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog and thank you! I have some very generous and kind pen friends... they always send me such nice mail! Thank you for stopping by, I will you will come for a visit again!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog! I hope you will come back again sometime!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woow ! You have such a wonderful blog !! Very inspiring !! I really do love the mail art envelopes " blue berd of happiness" !! :)
    Love and hugs, Connie

    ReplyDelete